The city`s not built out of "bricks"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
    Give me one example where a hyperspace capable vessel has not had naquadah as a key component in the stargate universe.
    Hive ship.

Comment

atlantis is the subject here...not what every ship is made of
      http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

I remember hearing somewhere, that there is no naquadah in Pegasus. Or atleast no naturally accuring. Maybe the outercoat of Atlantis is made of thin concrete or other similar substance that can be designed, and as we have seen the Ancients like fancy looking things.

Comment

but it wouldnt matter if its coating is made out of thin concrete or whatever...

Comment

Plus, Atlantis has shields and all kinds of enhancements to keep the place together during space or deep submersion traveling.

Comment

@stargate maniack
              How would it not matter?

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                Give me one example where a hyperspace capable vessel has not had naquadah as a key component in the stargate universe.
                the upgraded Odyssey, the hull is i believe a trinium alloy and its power source is an asgard core, i believe no naquadah

Comment

Do remember that it's the fake Atlantis that crumbled, not the real one.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Do remember that it's the fake Atlantis that crumbled, not the real one.
                    Exactly it was FAKE. Built by a handful of replicators. I doubt they had the time and resources to build an ACTUAL city ship. They built a FAKE nonfunctioning one. Thats why nothing worked there. For all we know they could have made some of the buildings out of cardboard. Ones that they knew the duplicate team wouldnt enter.

Comment

Originally posted by DaCk View Post
                      Exactly it was FAKE. Built by a handful of replicators. I doubt they had the time and resources to build an ACTUAL city ship. They built a FAKE nonfunctioning one. Thats why nothing worked there. For all we know they could have made some of the buildings out of cardboard. Ones that they knew the duplicate team wouldnt enter.
                      we dont know that...we even know the shield waz working, but unable to be powered-zpm issues...

Comment

We built this city, we built this city on rock and roll
                        Built this city, we built this city on rock and roll

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack View Post
                          when the drones were destroyin the city, the towers were crumbling...wtf???
                          Yeah, you noticed that as well. It's full of concrete. Even after the probe has crashed. I thought the whole thing was made of metals.
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

whos to say that the concrete was concrete and not some engineered stone and when stone breaks down from high energy explosive self guided rounds it crumbles

weve never been told what atlantis is made of so all this talk is speculation

until the day we hear rodney mckay screaming through the gate comms
                            "ive found an ancient ship yard where we can make ships and zpms , now were laughing "
                            Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              We built this city, we built this city on rock and roll
                              Built this city, we built this city on rock and roll
                              LOL...
                              And because the city was built on rock and roll, It's enemies are 'on the highway to hell' I suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack View Post
                                when the drones were destroyin the city, the towers were crumbling...wtf???
                                Well, what should it do? Fall apart in segments? How a structure falls apart depends on variables such as materials, what destroys it, etc. On TV, they do what looks spectacular, and reality be damned

However, I just loved in DOPPELGANGEr how when one of the Shep's missed his punch and hit the wall, he hit plaster

Comment

Working...
                                X